Pages

Friday, April 30, 2010

All Hail the V5

Perhaps the joy of writing lies not in accolades, but in the process. And that process is not limited to the creative; indeed, the implements are as important (or more so). For example, I will only write with Pentel Precise V5 pens. Once called the Precise Rolling Ball, this exceptional scribbler has been a part of my life since the 1990s. My mother brings them over to me by the box (thanks, Sam's Wholesale Club) and they last forever. My chicken scrawl appears classy and sexy with this pen. All hail the Precise V5. (And Moleskines, but that's for another post.

But for the longer pieces, a computer is the way to go. Every time I get a new computer/iPod/iPhone, it takes me about 30 seconds to forget what life was like Without Said Apple Product. And our delicious new iMac is no exception; it is a wondrous thing. Seeing my novel on a 27" monitor is invigorating. Oh yes, there is such a thing as happiness through gadgets. And yes, I do believe one can fall a little bit in love with a gadget, too.

1 comment:

Erik R. said...

I'm sorry. It seems my AdBlock plugin has blanked out this entire post. :-)

I read an interesting article recently about the iPad (Stephen Fry's Time article maybe?) and how what Apple truly nails is the emotional bond that we have with our gadgets.

Also, I love the audacity of that pen jpeg to be square and use up all that space.